Looking for an easy venison recipe to throw together for family dinner? These Venison Stuffed Peppers don’t take long and you most likely have the ingredients sitting around at home.
This Venison Stuffed Pepper Recipe is something I started making recently and has become one of my family’s favorite dishes.
It’s so easy to throw together and I normally make extra because the filling is great for meal prep that week! Add it to a warm tortilla or enjoy with some chips and queso and you’ve got a couple more meals out of it!
INGREDIENTS - Serving Size: 4 Adults
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 lb. Ground Venison
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning
- 15 oz. Can of Pasta Sauce (You can also substitute with tomato sauce)
- 14.5 oz. Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups of Cooked White Rice
- 8 Bell Peppers, Cut in 1/2 Long ways (You can also cut the tops off and stuff the whole pepper)
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Mild Cheddar Cheese
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350F
2) Add Olive Oil to a large sauté pan and heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
3) Add ground venison and cook until browned.
4) While the meat is cooking, you will want to cook your rice. Follow directions on the box of rice as directions may differ. Once the rice is done cooking, place aside.
5) Once the meat has completely browned, add diced Onion and minced Garlic to the venison. Cook until onion becomes translucent. ( This may take about 5 minuets)
6) Add Salt, Pepper and Italian Seasoning to the venison. Mix well.
8) Turn heat to low and add cooked rice, pasta sauce, tomato paste and fire roasted tomato’s. Mix until combined.
9) Cut the bell peppers in half long ways, or you can cut the tops off and use for larger servings. Make sure to remove any seeds inside the bell peppers.
10) Fill each pepper with the venison mixture and place onto a baking sheet or baking dish that will fit all of your stuffed peppers.
11) Cover baking dish with tinfoil and bake for 35 minutes or until the peppers are soft. You can test this by using a fork to poke the peppers and the fork should puncture the pepper without excessive pressure.
12) Remove foil and top the peppers with grated Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese. You can use any cheese you would like, these are just ones that I like and had at home!
13) Bake for 3-5 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
14) Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
If you have other tips or things you tried that you think worked better for this Venison Stuffed Pepper Recipe, let us know in the comments below!