Here is the perfect quick and easy venison taco recipe to make for dinner for the whole family! Venison Tacos can be made in less than 30 minutes. Nothing beats a quick taco dinner that allows everyone to add whatever they like for toppings.
Growing up, my grandmother would make fried flour tortillas when serving tacos for dinner. Of course I had to carry on her recipe at home, and my husband is hooked! You don’t necessarily have to make these with your tacos, but it adds a little extra flavor, and you won’t be disappointed.
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups of Vegetable Oil
- 1lb. Thawed Ground Venison
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 Packet of McCormick Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Large Tomato
- Sour Cream
- Additional Toppings You Prefer
- In a medium sauté pan, add ground venison and cook until only a little pink is showing.
- While the meat is cooking, dice a tomato and chop the lettuce. Place in separate serving bowls and set aside.
- Once meat is almost fully cooked, add salt, pepper and half of the Taco seasoning packet. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add water and remaining taco seasoning, then stir until fully mixed. Remove from heat and place in a bowl, then cover with tin foil and place aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add about half an inch of oil. Heat over medium to low heat. If the oil begins to smoke, that means it’s too hot and you need to lower the heat.
- Once oil is heated (be cautious of any splashing oil) slowly add a tortilla to the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Once the tortilla begins to puff up and is a light golden color around the edges, remove from oil and place on a plate that is lined with paper towels. Repeat for all the tortillas.
- Serve with shredded cheese, finely chopped lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and any additional toppings you would like.
These Venison Tacos are made the way my family likes, and that doesn’t mean you can’t make it your own! I’m no professional chef so if there is something you think this recipe can better from, let us know.
If you liked this Easy Venison Taco Recipe and are looking for more wild game meals to make for dinner, check out our recipe section here on Bowhunting.com!