LAST UPDATED: March 16th, 2021
This recipe is tried and true and can be used with about any type of ground meat. This recipe makes about eight 4oz. portions and is incredibly tasty. It works great with just about any wild game meat, but our favorite is venison. This may be the best ground venison meatloaf recipe of all time!
Venison Meatloaf Ingredients
- 2 pounds ground venison (or other wild game)
- 2 1/2 cups of finely crushed Wheaties cereal
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
This recipe is mildly sweet, so you can increase/decrease the brown sugar amount to your taste. Also, almost any cracker or bread crumb can be substituted for the Wheaties… we just like Wheaties the best.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ground meat, crushed Wheaties, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Press into a 9″x5″ loaf pan. Tear or chop the bacon into pieces and lay it on top of the loaf.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, 1/8 cup brown sugar. Spread the mix on top of the venison meat loaf for the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
Good luck, this may be the most fail-safe venison meatloaf recipe of all time! Everyone loves it.