Parker Bows Going Out of Business

Parker Bows announced today that the company has made the difficult decision to shut down their operations. The company has explored what they believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. “It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades,” the company website said. “And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.”
parker bows ceases operations

After over 20 years, Parker Bows will come to an end.

Effective as of the date of this post (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. The company will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at the Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018. Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.
Be sure to check out the Parker website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements.

Comments

1. Andrew Renforth says:

How long will accessories be available from home office.

2. So the crossbow I purchased in 2015 will not be able to be repaired if a limb or something else breaks? Guess I should have purchased another bow when I bought this one..and I was actually ready to buy a Barrett..and picked the parker..Damn it

• a barnett would of broke already

• I’ve owned a Barnett cross bow. Purchased a Parker cross bow ( in fact I purchased two Parker cross bows) I love Parker, best bow I’ve used/owned.
      Never had issues. My husband, two brothers all own Parker cross bows.
      Sad to hear this about the company.
      Best to ya in the hunting season!

• Brian Hennessy says:

How do you think they feel? Lost jobs, the end of a known brand. I feel for your loss of support but there is a bigger picture than just what you are facing.

• Robert scott says:

Sorry to hear that love mine ,my two sons own one also! They are excellent crossbows for the money and not sad I purchased. Just hope that if we need a part we will be able to make something work. Love mine and I also own a Mathews Creed!

3. Joey Gauvin says:

For those 2 decades myself 3 sons and 1 daughter have shot Parker bows exclusively always bought new models and never let go of the old ones and had great success with all you have been part of our family all of our hunting memories and will remain so… Thank you for the time we spent together and God bless
    Joey Gauvin

4. Joey Gauvin says:

Truth be known Matthews Hoyt and others aren’t any better reality is they are a fashion statement made known by so called pro hunters on TV and DVDs hell if Matthews or Hoyt helped pay my bills I’d say they were the best to … Parker made bows for the real world Hunter and their customer service and warranty we’re second to none … I had a friend dry fire my daughter’s crossbow accidentally .. I took it to Parker dealer paid shipping for the limbs they fixed it and gave it back in 2 days …. Hmm would the others be so customer friendly… NO !!!!!!

• Richard cranium says:

Mathews has a much better warranty and also won’t shut down in the next 20 years 🤔

• David Terry says:

Easy for you to say if you never shot a Matthews, there quality is second to none I’ve shot several and wouldn’t trade my Matthews for any of them. With that being said my son from the age of 8 he shot a Parker until he graduated high school now he has graduated from Parker also, “Parker” great beginner bows, sad to hear the news

• John Yanok says:

Hoyt dry fires their bows, ……the limbs don’t break

5. ….it happens…more than most know….I’ve been in the industry for almost 40 years….in that time, I could name at least 20 companies that came and went….it happens…however, I own Parker products, but, I’ve never had issue with them…sad to hear however, and I know that their warranty service was second to NONE, and they had very little warranty issues…Parker did not have the AD VALUE that the big 3 have…and that’s what did them in…but then again, they didn’t charge waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay inflated dollars for their products….the buying public should realize that every TV show, and every magazine ad, and every 3D shoot and what not comes at the price of the consumer….Parker didn’t do any of that…their last compound could shoot with the rest of the competition and the crossbows in my estimation were far and above the well overpriced Ten Point products that won’t service their warranty without dispute…it is, what it is….and I tip my hat to what was once Parker Bows….I dig the shit out my first generation Tornado crossbow and my current Parker Python…both badasses….RIP PARKER BOWS…til the next rendition….which every manufacturer out there by the way, has endured….

6. a barnett would of broke already

7. Gary Good says:

Just bought mine a month ago paid over 700.00 dollars no mention of you thinking about shutting down I think you should refund every body money you probably knew about this a year ago can’t trust any company any more I feel for the employees but not management

8. So sad.. Love my 1st crossbow ever! Thank you guys and best of luck to you and your employees families.

9. James Bartlett says:

Love my 2 Parker crossbows.Top brands my friends have are no better.Will miss the whole crew

10. Rick Beyer says:

Just bought a new Parker Thunderhawk Pro 2 weeks ago after doing hours of research to figure out who sold the best bow. I bought the Parker because of the warranty. I haven’t even shot it yet and its already out of warranty despite the lifetime warranty i bought it with. what a kick in the gut the announcement they are closing is. I can’t even take it back and get my money back. Not one word of financial issues or nothing. 2 decades loyalty my left cheek. Because it requires the capture knocks, “specially” designed string, etc. its useless once things start to wear out on it. what a joke. should have bought a TenPoint. Boy do I look stupid now.

• Michael says:

I contacted parker last weekend regarding the same concerns. They indicated that any archery proshop will be able to replace string and cables, as there are many custom string makers out there. Further, they said that both Ten Point and Black Eagle Archery carry bolts with half moon nocks that work well with Parker Bows. Just make sure that your bolt weight + broadhead is approximately 425 grains, or more. Lastly, Parker is in discussion to license out the Capture Nock technology to another manufacturer. If you take care of your bow limbs, you should be fine for many years. I have 2 Parker Crossbows myself.

11. NOOOOOO! I got the Thunderhawk two years ago at Cabelas in PA and I absolutely love it! I wanted to purchase a crossbow and had a hard time deciding when some customer told me that he has the TH and it was an awesome buy. I took his advice and boy was he right! While walking to the checkout with the TH in the cart a few customers commented and confirmed that I was making a good buy. Went to the booth at the American sportsman show in PA and decided I to upgrade to a Tornado and give the TH to my brother in law who loved shooting it. Very sad news and I hope that someone steps in and brings it back.

12. Hmm , bummer. After visiting local Parker dealers, there was a lack of entusiasm. So I went off to do reseach and test shoot others. PSE is my favorite

13. John Kapica says:

While the way Parker announced its shutdown, without warning, does seem a little sneeky, I none-the-less absolutely love their products. I have three of their bows, the Black Hawk, Centerfire and Concorde and never had a problem with any of them. While I was going to buy a Barnett as my entry level bow my archery retailer suggested that I not do this because many of the Barnett Bows he had sold needed to be returned. Until now, I have never regretted that decision. They are a quality product that is reasonably priced and are accurate as hell. I was really bummed out when I received their email and still hope that someone will pick up the product line.

14. M. Stewart says:

Well, their Going Out Of Business Sale is pretty lame. They should be marking the stuff down to 50% or even less since the support won’t be there.

15. Parker once made fantastic bows that rivaled any bowmaker. Then they started taking shortcuts but in saving a dime they lost a dollar. After having the top limbs break in half on the Parker Viking; I switched to the Mathews Halon 32 and absolutely love it.

• Dave Brown says:

I heard that the owner died a couple years ago and the business was being ran by his son-in-law.

16. Ken Stovall says:

sad to see them go ,, i never owned a parker but sad to see any bow company shut down !!!

17. R.S Brooks says:

Salty I just spent over 1000 dollars with purchase of xxtreme centerfire and another complete red hot package. It is completely ridiculous how the management is handling this. I called and cannot buy extra limbs or cams or strings all the things that if break would make this 1000 crossbow garbage material..what a disgrace I really hope they re-thank this. This is no way to treat people that put there trust in a company spending the extra money to get a lifetime warranty and then you can’t even buy the parts. They should give everyone a set of limbs, cams, and strings. Do the right thing

18. Gerald D Dodd says:

AGREED..pretty lame of them at best..wish I would have never bought there crossbow. I even have relatives I recommended that they purchase,and they did. How embarrassing to have to break the news to them now! Lifetime warranty you say? Who’s lifetime

19. How do you know that? I am sure Parker bows did not plan on closing their doors either

• They did not wake up in the 17th and decide to close. They had to be thinking talking about it for 6 months. They handled it poorly

20. Peter Koch says:

I have a Thunderhawk that’s been in for new limbs 2 months ago. Top notch service from Parker and only cost me shipping to them. The Crossbow is 6 years old now and parker has sent me parts for free on two other occasions. It’s shot many nice Whitetails. Very sad to see Parker go.

21. Tom Saroch says:

Very sad. It made a great product with great customer relations. I was at the factory once, and they treated me like royalty. I always felt they had the best for the buck. Like a all good things, it came to an end. May God bless all of them. America has history, it also has a history of things coming to an end because of different reasons, mostly because of money. When we see something good we should support it. But do we, mostly no, we go out and buy foreign crap to save a few cents. So our countr goes to heck. Keep buying jap crap cars, and find yourself unemployed. I’m American & support US products. Parker was what this country was. God Bless America.

22. 7 Parker cross bows in this family, never had any issues. Very successful with our bows and hunts.
    Sorry to hear this about Parker company.

23. Don Coppinger says:

This sucks! Drop your hard money down the toilet. Time to dump this unsupported crap on someone else. I guess if it is good business for Parker, it’s good enough for me. So the f____ing the next guy gets is for the f____ing I got!
    Thanks Parker hope you sleep well. LOL

24. ole Jeff t.v youtube says:

I have had my Parker crossbow for a few years bought it for the same reasons. american made and lifetime warranty , I hope accessories are available for awhile like the capture nocks ..etc..hopefully someone will pickup the torch of Parker crossbows and honor the lofeti.e warranty…sigh

25. Maybe a business venture. Buy up Parker products for pennies on the dollar and now have a stock of replacement parts.

I would except for the fact that local Parker dealers were trying to move the product with intensity and no entusiasm why.

That is why I went with PSE, Parker did a D—k move

26. NoMan Parker says:

R.I.P. Parker Bows. Good product kicked to the curbside in this GLOBAL economy. What else is new? Should provide warranty support for another 5 years given the number of loyal customers. Why go out with a puff when a BANG is so much louder? Sell it to the Chinese.

27. It is not the global economy, piss poor company management. Pull you head out if your butt

28. Rick Beyer says:

Did finally get to shoot my new Thunderhawk Pro since I bought it just before the warranty ran out on Dec 31. Very nice bow, to bad there won’t be much support for it in the future. I talk to one of the employees by phone, on Dec 19 with regards to the ton of questions I had with regards to what to do once it starts wearing out. Turns out half moon knocks will work if no one reproduces the capture knocks, also the string and cables can be sourced from other companies. As for limbs, supposedly all left over parts once production ceases will be sold to between 1 and 3 dealers to be purchased once they are available . It’s still important to use a minimum of a 400 grain bolt and tip total weight. Hope the employees all find new jobs. Several companies supposedly offered to purchase Parker, but it sounds like what ever financial trouble the original owner’s son-in-law ran into warranted a complete shut-down.

29. For those thinking that Parker should have warned potential customers that they were having financial issues, that is the worst thing they could have done if they were trying to actually keep their doors open. They likely tried until the end to stay afloat, but if 6 months ago they put on facebook, “hey everyone, we are struggling financially but we are trying to keep the doors open” then they wouldn’t have made it another day.

• You are incorrect. Furthermore, if you use Facebook to run/promote your busines you are toast anyway.

30. Wanie severs says:

How are we going to get ours repaired if something goes wrong with it and how we going to order parts. Thank you

• You’re not

• Michael says:

New string and cables will not be an issue. The only time you are likely to experience a problem is when your limbs break.

• You can buy limbs, stocks, cams and such from their website. If there are certain parts you may want you can always call. I purchased all kinds of parts just in case.

• That’s what I did. I have the Tornado F4 I bought several years ago. I bought a Concorde for my dad, and Ambusher crossbow for me when they were clearing them out. I bought extra parts for all three of them too.

31. Brian Wiehoff says:

I’ve had a Parker Tornado F4 for years. Never an issue. In fact, I feel that the quality is good enough that I am about to purchase another crossbow on closeout. These bows are about half the cost now as their comparable bows by other brands.

32. Timothy Pierce says:

Tim, it sounds like a public buy out ! Good product in my hands Q. if you offer a warranty ( Life time or or other ) and receive full payment , should you not be held to it ? or pay back the money .

33. Jay Coolman says:

I believe Parker has been a great American Company that may of suffered many issues that caused it’s failure.
    This is a good product.
    I have owned two Parker crossbows for years, had a trigger issue once.
    I am concerned what i am to do once I run out of their Capture Nocks.
    Does anyone know if another type of nock will work in their crossbows?
    Do you think another company will manufacture generic nocks and other parts?
    Good luck to you all.