Range, Aim, & Shoot With BOWRANGER BOW SIGHT

Just when you think you’ve seen it all in the archery and bowhunting industry a new product comes along that stirs the innovation pot. Such is the case with the new BOWRANGER bow sight. The team introducing this range finding bow sight are calling this new design the most innovative bow sight in the world with its Range Aim Shoot (RAS) technology. Keep it simple. Just range, aim, & shoot with BOWRANGER bow sight.

bowranger169The company says BOWRANGER is the world’s first commercially available electronic bow sight with integrated rangefinder. The power of the BOWRANGER lies in the speed and accuracy with which a perfect shot can be achieved.

Let’s face it, the brief moment it takes to grab the rangefinder from your side, shoot a yardage distance, then snap your release on the string and come to full draw can often be just enough to blow an opportunity on the buck of a lifetime. A simpler all-in-one solution would surely tip the odds in your favor at the moment of truth, right?

bowrangerfig2169

The BOWRANGER was designed to take all the human factors and guesswork out of the equation. Say goodbye to distance guessing, mishaps from gapping pins, and missed opportunities as you scramble to get your hands on and off a rangefinder around your neck. The BOWRANGER does all the work for you. You simply range, aim, and shoot.

How Does It Work?

Aim to Range: When aiming at a target you simply aim through the peep sight on the target and get the center green LED marker on target. A manual sight is also provided.

Range: When the green LED marker is on target, press the range button, and the desired red LED marker for that distance will be illuminated and the distance displayed on the OLED screen.

Aim to Shoot: Aim at the target with the illuminated red marker.

bowrangerfigure3

Shoot: When the illuminated red LED marker is on target just release the arrow.

Cool concept or just another goofy gimmick? We want to hear your thoughts on the new BOWRANGER bow sight. Shoot us a message or comment below to let us know what you think.

Comments

1. John Matero says:

I like the concept but I know in washington they would most likely hammer you for this since you can’t have anything electronic on your bow except for lighted nocks. Furthermore IMO if this works I don’t think it’ll last long because there are too many variables. With my sight I don’t have to worry about remembering to have a battery on hand if the one I already have dies. Also I’d be insterested to see the data on how this does in the field.

2. Brodie Swisher Brodie Swisher says:

Good input, John. Thanks for the message.
    bro

3. John Walker says:

Interesting concept, but only bad thing is if your sight quits working…you have no sight. Unless, I’m missing something.

4. looks really cool, but in the same breath I thinks it would encourage some bad habits like not shooting enough to know your equipment. Other than that looks like it would be and interesting piece of equipment to take into the field.

5. David Menzie says:

Where is the the button that you have to push once you range the target to activate the red led?

6. It sounds like a great concept, I would be curious to see how accurate it is compared to a regular range finder. I am also with Luke, by the looks of it if something goes wrong in the middle of the woods you have no sight to fall back on. Another concern would be the weight, I am assuming it needs battery’s to run how much extra weight are you going to have to one side.

7. frank maresco says:

I live and hunt in New York and wonder if it would be legal to use …. there’s some sort of anti electronic/scope red dot law if I remember

8. VA_Bowhunter says:

For those of you who care, any deer taken with this would not be P&Y eligible.

This just seems like too many things could go wrong…I’ll pass in favor of my fixed pins.

9. TAMiller says:

Looks cool, but if you forget to turn it off when practicing you are screwed. I’ll just stick to my pocket range finder and fixed pins!

10. The state I hunt in would not allow this sight. You can’t hunt with anything that projects a “beam of energy” from your bow and this states that it has a scan mode that constantly updates the pin leading me to believe that it is using an infrared beam to target the deer. Agree with the other comments above.

• So what’s the difference with a regular range finder just trying to figure out why would it be illegal just because its mounted to a bow?A rangefinder in your hand is legal though right? So why the diffetence I think it’s a cool idea but like other comments I’d worry about accuracy and battery life carry spares with me I mean I leave my battery on my pin on sometimes and before you know it its dead I do carry spares for rangefinder and pin light always with me my rangefinder died the other night just before dusk but I had spare

11. John Oates says:

This is a very common idea that has been around for a long time and used all the time in other engineered systems. (Simple automatic feedback loop). I’ve seen a few patents for this before. The idea of a laser range finder integrated into a bow sight that automatically adjusts a single pin. I’d like to see HHA incorporate this into their single pin bow sight with HHA quality. I like how they got rid of the need for a motor by using the vertical bar and lighting up LEDs. Much cheaper/efficient/reliable than a stepper motor driving the HHA yardage wheel.

I hope this automatic pin control via laser range finders makes it way onto most bow sights over the years…

12. If bowhunting.com, or the company that makes this wants to buy me one to field test, feel free to let me know…I will definitely test it out for everyone…only question I really have is whether this is legal in all 50 states…just curious cause I can easily see some kind of stipulation about electronic sights that are attached to a bow…

13. Anthony Swayn says:

Where do I purchase one of these

14. I think it’s a great idea. It does take all the guess work out of the hunt but for me thats part of the hunt. Guess im old school when it comes to this. Some might think im stupid for not having all these gadgets in the woods with me to figure out wind and distance and angle and so on. Thats why I practice shooting. Just my opinion. Thx

15. Illegal to have electronic devices on your bow here in Colorado. Great idea but like others have said, You’re up a creek if battery goes.

16. Adam Yochum says:

This looks very cool would love to try it and there is a manual sight on top if you look at the picture. Looking at Indiana regs where I live looks legal to use here! Hope I can afford one or can test one

• George Tomko says:

The manual sights are only accurate for the laser placement for the built in range finder. Light has no trajectory but your arrow does.

17. Corey Schaaf says:

Would like to see test done on video of how well this range sight finder works. Looks like a great all in one.

18. Tye bartlett says:

This is a great idea and i would buy this today. I like this idea so much because it really is a struggle to get out your range finder when a buck is in a trot coming right at you all the work is at one touch of a button. This should go out and be available for the people willing to try it!