Whether you’re looking for a day pack for hunting whitetail deer or a larger pack to haul a 3-day load for an extended hunt, there’s a pack that will no doubt meet your needs. Here’s a few of the best we came across this week at the ATA show.
ALPS OUTDOORZ BIG BEAR X
The Big Bear X is actually two packs in one—a fanny pack which expands into a highly functional daypack. Featuring 1680D Nylon Ballistics throughout and Hypalon at all lashing points this sturdy pack is perfect for quick scouting trips and day hunts.
- Lycra shoulder straps for extra comfort
- Molded foam waist belt with easy access pockets
- Adjustable/removable/ambidextrous bow hook
- Two side pockets, one front and main pocket
- Brushed Realtree Xtra
- WEIGHT: 3lbs. 10oz.
- LITERS: 44L
- TOTAL CAPACITY: 2,700 in3/44L
“Focus on what animals see, not what humans see.” That is the thought behind Badlands’ new Approach Concealment System which is designed in digital format. By using macro and micro patterns which are least affected by movement, they have created a visually confusing pattern that breaks up your silhouette. All new for 2016 is the 2200 pack. Built around a T-6 Aircraft aluminum frame, the pack features a zippered back-panel access, a built in blaze orange meat shelf and hip-belt holster.
- WEIGHT: 5lb. 15oz.
- DIMENSIONS: 19” x 17” x 9”
- VOL. MAIN: 1980 cu in
- VOL. TOTAL: 2250 cu in
- RESERVOIR: 2L
- POCKETS: 7
- CARRY: Bow, Rifle, Pistol
MYSTERY RANCH The Ultimate Daypack
As part of their all-new, 2016 hunting pack line MYSTERY RANCH® introduces the Scapegoat. An agile daypack, made specifically for carrying needed core gear during shorter single and half day hunts, the Scapegoat allows you to remain nimble and stealthy through the tightest topography. This minimalist and highly compressible bag features narrow body-panel framing which allows for movement and flexibility, while maintaining a stiff, active frame for heavier loads. The highly-engineered Traverse system creates a dual-point energy transfer through the waist belt, enhancing your comfort as you move. The Scapegoat is the ultimate solution for brief hunts that do not require an extensive amount of gear. That being said, this pack still can handle heavy loads and lengthy treks without sacrificing either comfort or proper load carriage.
- Horseshoe zipper quickly exposes essential backcountry gear during scouting missions
- Built-in lid with two detail pockets for GPS units, headlamps, energy sources, gloves, hats and other accessories
- Two stretch-woven side bottle pockets or for carrying your tripod, raid system and other tools
- Stay hydrated with a hydration sleeve for quick mountain accents and long glassing periods
- Face compression for bow, rifle or sheds
VOLUMNE: 2,150 cu. In.
FRAME SYSTEM: Traverse
Big and nimble, the Tenzing 3000 is extraordinarily mobile given its size and hauling capacity. Designed to fill the void between limited-use day packs and extended-use big game packs, this hybrid provides ample storage whether you’re heading out on a day trip or an over-night spike-out.
- Two internal fluted aluminum frame stays
- Padded lumbar pad and waist belt
- Channeled air cooled back pad
- Fold out bow and gun carry boot
- Fold out rain cover
- H2O compatible 2 or 3 liter
WEIGHT: 6lbs. 8oz.
VOLUMN: 3,100 cu. in.
Available in Realtree Max-1 or Kryptek
SPORTMAN’S FULL CURL SOLO-X
Weighing 10.6 pounds, the Full Curl Solo-X from Sportsman’s Outdoor Products goes from a 500 cubic inch frame pack to a 7000 cubic inch expedition pack in seconds. The Full Curl Frame has a drop down hydration system, 9 gear compartments, 2 vertical compression panel pockets, a collapsible “flex shelf”, molded foam suspension, H3 tubular frame, and an adjustable torso system which allows you to customize the pack to fit your specific torso length.
Solo X Pack Highlights
- tough nylon construction
- designed to work with the Full Curl Pack Frame (included)
- instantly detaches from the frame (which can be used separtely)
- 2 main storage compartments (internal divider) with drawstring closure
- bottom stuff sack for sleeping bag
- large side pouches for bow, rifle or tripod
- dual front pockets (spotting scope or compact tripod)
- fully adjustable 6-point attachment lid pouch
- orange safety panel
- multiple horizontal and vertical compression straps
- new easy to grip and locate zipper pulls
- only available in Ranger Green
EBERLESTOCK F65 LITTLE BIG TOP
The new F65 from EBERLESTOCK weighs in at 5.2 pounds with a 4000 cubic inch volume capacity. It is a lightweight, modular system that can be mounted on EBERLESTOCK’S F1 Mainframe which gives it a robust carrying capability. The pack also features dry-bag style roll tops and big frontal openings. Available in Western, Timber, Dry Earth, Military Green, and UNIAM-dry.
MSRP from $229
GAME PLAN GEAR FULL RUT RATTLING BACKPACK
Game Plan Gear’s newest whitetail-minded pack is designed to carry your rattling antlers- or even a jacket using a hypalon wing set-up. The Full Rut Rattling Backpack features MONSTER zippers, treestand-friendly ‘drop-down’ pockets, hydration-ready bladder pocket, PVC-lined scent side pockets, webbing ‘Cam Loop’ transports your bow. Included is a two piece ‘PackStrap’ Gear attachment rubber strap.
- 1,700 cubic inches
- brushed POLY tricot ‘silent’ cloth
- Available in Mossy Oak ‘Infinity’, Realtree Xtra camo and Lost Camo