Do You Pee Out of Your Treestand?

Do you pee out of your treestand? It’s a question that has stirred up discussions and debates among hunters for years. Some say it’s no big deal, while others swear it’ll blow your hunt. So we took the question to the pros. They ought to know what’s best, right?

do you pee out of your treestand

How do these pro hunters handle the urge when they gotta go?

The video below gives a look at what some of the pro hunters from around the country had to say when answering the question, “Do you pee out of your treestand?”

We want to hear from you. Do you pee out of your treestand while hunting? Comment below and let us know your routine.

Brodie Swisher

Brodie Swisher

Editorial Manager at Bowhunting.com
Brodie Swisher is a world champion game caller, outdoor writer, seminar speaker and Editor for Bowhunting.com. Brodie and his family live in the Kentucky Lake area of west Tennessee.
Brodie Swisher

Latest posts by Brodie Swisher (see all)

Comments

1. Bowtech Destroyer says:

I think that is definite way to totally blow your hunt. Along with chewing tobacco and or spitting over the edge. I would be completely covered in cover up scent and If I knew which way the deer were coming in . I could walk out in front of my stand and walk a scent a line at the distance I wanted to shoot game at and deer would stop at my scent line.

2. Silvercliff says:

I once pee’d out of a ladder stand onto one of the stand legs. A small buck walked up to the stand and put his nose on the wet spot. Now I even pee in mock scraps, it works!

3. Yep, sure do. Have actually had deer come in shortly after.

4. John Torchick says:

David Blanton of Realtree was the speaker at our church’s Field, Woods, and Waters outdoor expo and game dinner. This was his opener! He said now he doesn’t go for distance but strives for accuracy! Seems that it doesn’t make much difference.

• Frank Beachel says:

I’ve been peeing out of my tree stand for 40 years and there had only been one time where I actually noticed a deer reacting to the scent of my pee. It was within 30 minutes of voiding and the buck walked about 50 yards down wind and he happened to be a shooter, so I have no problem peeing in my tree stand, AS LONG AS I’M SPANNER THERE FOR AWHILE. If I was leaving then I would recommend waiting till you were away at least a couple hundred yards away

• Kevin Brehm says:

I’ve been bow hunting for 32 years, and in the early days I would hold my pee at all costs. Nowadays if I have to go , I’ll let it fly. I can honestly say that since I’ve been peeing out of my stand I’ve never had any adverse affects because of it.

5. Okiephlyer says:

Great video! Really funny! BTW I do too. I have also freshened up a scrape with my own blend, and the next morning it was torn up!

6. early in says:

I do it every season. Never had negative results because of it.

7. Joey Bourgeois says:

My buddy has a video of him peeing on a deers head and the deer just shook his head and continued waking at normal pace and it was not raining.

8. climate catastrophe denier! says:

Not a problem, I have peed and had deer walking by minutes later, there is no difference in human pee than any other animal pee. However I did have a buck jerk to alert after smelling a fence post I put my bare hand on. So wear gloves and pee away

9. No I do not pee out of my treestand I use water bottle too pee in

10. Cade Heffernan says:

I pee out of my tree stand and I don’t think it “blows your hunt”. I pee in mock scapes all the time and got a monster buck on trail camera behind my house working that scrape. So it doesn’t affect your hunt for the worst. Plus, if a buck comes by, he just might visit your pee spot. Peeing also works as a great cover scent!!!