Finally - A Weather Website for Hunters to Utlilize with Treestand Accuracy
Hunters rejoice! The following is worth a read (trust us). It’s a weather website finally geared towards all outdoorsmen, fishermen, skiers, snowmobilers, and of course the most important of them all – us!
2ndNature - A Syracuse, New York, based interactive design studio, has announced the launch of ScoutLookWeather.com. It’s an outdoor sports enthusiast’s detailed weather reporting and forecasting website with up-to-the-minute weather for over 400,000 geo-coded locations throughout the lower 48 states. And darn if it isn’t cool.
ScoutLook Weather can provide a hunter (like you) with the ability to pinpoint the weather of not just the zip code, but from the very tree the hunter’s stand is in! It also provides outdoor sports enthusiasts from all walks of life with free custom weather reports, interactive maps, and weather tools to forecast the weather for specific outdoor sports (for those months we can’t hunt).
Create and save your treestand locations and follow the weather with pinpoint accuracy.
Weather data is provided by several weather sources including the National Weather Service (NWS), and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and includes Google Geo-coded, latitude-longitude-based Location Maps with the capability for users to add their personal “My Locations” as map pins anywhere in the lower 48 states. So it’s basically a complete aerial scouting and weather tool all in one place.
Some of the weather tools include:
• Driftpoint — A fisherman's Wind Map that will show the direction of your boat drift and wind speed on any body of water within 5 miles of shore over a 72 hour period. Fishermen can use Driftpoint before heading out to get to the best spot for the conditions without wasting time.
• ScentCone™ Wind Map (for hunters) - creates and saves locations while toggling through wind shifts for the next 72 hours. Compare locations and choose the best hunting spot based on wind speed and direction.
• Ski Conditions at every US Ski Hill, with weather conditions at the hill of course!
• Snowmobile trail maps — an integrated national trail map database allowing snowmobilers to view all maintained trails & weather forecasts at any point on any trail.
• SetZone — a Waterfowler's Wind Map that will show the upwind landing area for ducks at your blind location throughout a 72 hour period, allowing for proper visual planning of the best location to set blind & decoys to "play the wind" to your favor.
• ScoutPics - Photo Share Your Adventure with the ScoutPics feature. Users can upload digital photos to create albums and share them with anyone through email. It's simple, free to use, and a great way re-live a day in the bass boat, in the tree stand or on the slopes!
Use ScentCone on your saved treestand locations to help visualize where the wind is blowing your scent!
Most of the Hunting Network staff has been busily adding and saving stand locations in advance for this deer season over the past several days. We can honestly tell you that the ScentCone feature is pretty neat, and something we think you’re going to want to utilize again and again. Check out ScoutlookWeather.Com - because the season will be here sooner than you think!
ScoutLook Weather also has a website-associated staff of some of the nation’s leading outdoor professional sportsmen, sportswomen, and athletes who provide sport-specific tips and endorsements of ScoutLook’s weather tools. The Pro Staff includes NHL star Scott Stevens, the LPGA’s Suzy Whaley, Wildlife Biologist Dr. Harry Jacobson, ESPN’s The "Outdoor Adventure Magazine" TV series bow hunter Tom Miranda, professional B.A.S.S. fisherman Scott McGehee, expert fly-fisherman Aaron Adams, and athletes Gerry McNamara and Tim Green, amongst others with more being added soon.
Future services to be offered by ScoutLook Weather include mobile device applications, interactive user–logbooks, and several exciting ScoutLook maps for further layers of weather details important to every outdoor enthusiast.
Get Notified Of New Posts