Father's Day Gift Ideason Jun 12, 2013
With Father’s day looming, I decided to pick six gifts broken down into six categories to fit any budget. So, if you’re looking for a gift for that special outdoors-man in your life, someone who enjoys hunting, fishing, trapping, or camping, consider these items. By the way, I have included the individual product claims (italicized) for each item along with my personal review.
Finding the perfect gift for the father in your life is easy....just get him something he can use while bowhunting!
UNDER $5 Checkmate Wind Checker $3.99
Dead Down Wind’s ScentPrevent™ Nanozyme™ technology attacks and destroys a broad spectrum of odors at the molecular level. Human scents, gas, smoke and other potential contaminants capable of spoiling a hunt can’t stand up to this enzyme scent-prevention defense. In fact, Nanozyme destroys odor molecules before they can attach to skin or clothing! Enzyme ScentPrevent™ additive breaks down odors at the molecular level to disguise them even in the slightest breeze. Easy to carry in the field.
I check the wind often when hunting or stalking. With a quick squeeze of the bottle I am able to track delicate wind currents easily. This information then helps me decide which direction to travel or if I should change my physical stand location.
Check the wind often and without the fear of spooking game with a quick squeeze of the bottle.
UNDER $10 Heat Factory Large Warmers - Package of 10 $9.99
Heat Factory Large Warmers can be used in pockets, stadium cushions and sleeping bags. Better yet, try them in one of many other Heat Factory accessories. With Heat Factory warmers you will never be cold again.
• The Heat Factory warmer is a soft, light-weight pouch containing an inert mixture of iron powder, charcoal, salt, water and vermiculite
• The pouch is made of soft cloth lined with a very thin layer of porous plastic for maximum durability
• The warmers are odorless, non-toxic and air-activated
• When exposed to air, a natural exothermic reaction generates consistent and prolonged heat
• Each Heat Factory large warmer provides 24+ hours of heat
I don't go hunting without them. I believe the bigger the better when it comes to these portable heat sources. The larger size of these bigger bags not only provides more heat, but also produces more surface area of generated heat. When temperatures start to drop, a couple of these can mean the difference between additional hours hunting or heading in to warm up.
Keep your head, hands, or feet toasty warm with these small portable pouches.
UNDER $20 Joby GorillaPod $19.95
• Capture better perspective: flexible, wrapable joints secure camera to objects and position the camera at any angle to frame the perfect shot
• Stability on any surface: rubberized ring/foot grips allow you to capture crisp photos, even in low light
• Portable: flexible and lightweight legs allow you to easily store and carry when on the go
• Peace of mind: lock ring ensures your camera is safely attached
• Quick setup: quick-release clip stays connected to your camera
I purchased this product when it first debut around 2005 and it is still going strong. At the time, there was only one model made, the product review I listed. Today there are many choices based on the type and weight of your camera or even the color you desire. My GorillaPod has been on every hunting trip, adventure, or vacation.
The GorillaPod can be used to support a camera, spotting scope, binoculars, video camera, or anything that has a standard tripod socket.