New Bowhunting Gear for 2016

The Octane NXS Bowsight

The Octane NXS Bowsight is a precision built instrument. The machining and fit is top notch. All adjustments have laser engraved marking. The fiber optics are well contained in the pins without large loops to catch brush. This sight has 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment to keep all pins on the same plane at all yardages. The pins are gang adjustable for elevation and windage and each pin can be adjusted up and down individually by engaging the clutch drive and turning the adjusting screw. The light is removable and adjustable in intensity for that fading light.

The machining and fit of the sight is excellent.

Individual pins are adjusted by loosening the allen screws and turning the screw on top of the sight.

The light mounts over the pins with magnets on the four screw heads to hold it in place.

5 pins with a built in level.

The features I particularly like on the NXS Sight are.

: The adjustability and positive locking once everything is in place.

: Bright fiber optics.

: Adjustable light intensity.

: Individual pin micro adjustable.

: Precision fit and finish.

There are 2 features that I didn’t like on this sight.

: The major weakness of this sight is the removable light. It sounds like a neat idea, but in reality it just will not work in a hunting situation. I predict many of the lights will end up at the bottom of the tree the hunter is in or lost in the woods on the way to the stand. This feature will not last.

: The other thing I didn’t like is the 2” pin guard with 5 pins. I use a verifier peep and it only comes in 1/8” and 1/4 “ sizes. I need a 1 ½” pin guard to be able to center the guard in my peep. For my hunting situation I prefer a 1 ½” pin guard with 3 or 4 pins.

A nice addition to any bow.

The hunter’s view.

Comments

1. Dustin DeCroo says:

Nice write up John. Is the issue with the light how it mounts to the sight?

2. John Mueller says:

Yes, it is held on by 4 small magnets that attach to the screw heads by the fiber optic wraps. It wouldn't take much to knock it off. The idea is, if you are in bright sunlight you put the hood that the light is in over your pins and it tones them down. When not needed you simply remove the hood and light.

3. Justin Zarr says:

Great idea with the pin cover, and it might work better if the light wasn't hanging off just begging to be knocked against a limb and lost. Let us know how it works out for you John!

4. korean wholesale fa says:

it's a good idea!

5. verizon high speed d says:

One of my friend had used this Octane NXS Bowsight when were doing hunting in US. He had taken this and trained me on how to use this and all. It was very interesting. When I read this post about Octane NXS Bowsight, I just recalled that memory. Also, It is good to hear more info about Octane NXS Bowsight.

6. denver haunted house says:

Ya, I have got Octane NXS Bowsight on las year which I used first time when I went to South Africa. But I could not have a lot there. So, this time I have planned to take my NXS Bowsight to AR,USA forests.

7. best weight loss pil says:

I never tried Octane NXS bowsight, but this time, I will get one and try for my summer hunting.

8. fap revolution says:

Hey man, I am using this NXS bowsight. It is very easy to use, However, at the beginning I felt hard to use it, later on it is fine.

9. fap turbo scam says:

Ya man, Octane NXS Bowsight is good for hunting, I had got one during my last hunting session. I had got more than previous, reason may be Octane NXS Bowsight :)

10. travel nursing says:

Yups, Octane NXS Bowsight is a precision built instrument. I had used it on my last time hunting, it is very easy to use.

11. Fair trade online sh says:

Hi…can you guys help me out with some articles related to any online Eco-friendly site. Last night I was reading on Fair trade online shop, while going through the article I was just thinking about the time period taken to complete an article of 1000 words.

12. Beauty Products says:

I believe we all should put some effort to conserve our ecosystem. With a small effort taken to start using eco-friendly product, we can change a lot for conserving our environment and eco-system.

13. priyanka says:

web designing

14. Alis Jones says:

Wow. I always thought that these gadgets are copyrighted to James Bond. We have other James Bonds too all around us…:). There are many more fair trade online shop sites available for quick shopping of many more things.

Alis

15. Fair Trade Online Sh says:

Sometimes I wonder if these gadgets are useful as well?? or are they only used by spy's and in thriller movies.

Alis

16. Fair Trade Online Sh says:

[quote]test[/quote]

17. web designers dubai says:

Very Innovative instrument.

18. justin worth says:

Is it me or do all the submissions on this page seem like they are all from the same person who speaks english as a second language?

19. orthopaedic says:

20. Valentines Presents says:

We have other James Bonds too all around us…. There are many more fair trade online shop sites available for quick shopping of many more things. Alis

21. Watch TV Streaming says:

With the mission to organize and support the community of web television creators, actors, producers and executives. It administers the selection of winners for the Streamy Awards.

22. staten island podiat says:

Podiatrists (Foot Specialists) in Staten Island, New York, See Reviews and Book Online Instantly.  All appointment times are guaranteed by our dentists and doctors.

23. podiatry equipment says:

Great post, I look forward to reading more.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
If you would like a profile picture, simply register at Gravatar, which works here on Bowhunting.com and across the web.