New Bowhunting Gear for 2016

A beautiful piebald whitetail buck sold to Cabelas?

How would you like to have successfully harvested this strange whitetail buck? A beautiful piebald whitetail buck who would easily dance into the Pope and Young records book! Then sell this whitetail buck for about $13,000; so that everyone may see him coming into a Cabela's nearest you! Would you have done it?! Sold out on this once in a lifetime opportunity at a Pope and Young, piebald whitetail buck, who could've forever hung upon your living room wall?! Imagine those amazing stories and conversations that this incredible rare whitetail would create.

We're glad you wouldn't either. The hunter who took this beautiful whitetail buck, now referred to as the "Calico buck" (throughout the internet), didn't sell it after all. In fact, he's actually having a full body mount done on the animal!

Hunter, James Curtis, a Bellville Texas resident, took the "Calico buck" while hunting a privately owned ranch just outside Palestine, Texas. With a gross P&Y score of 138 5/8", netting 136" even, the 195 pound animal will likely become a treasured family heirloom for generations to come. And why shouldn't it?!

Bowhunting.com congratulates whitetail deer hunter, James Curtis, on his incredible trophy buck. Piebald whitetail make up less than 1% of the entire North American whitetail deer population. The staff at Bowhunting.com cannot even imagine how rare it must be to take a P&Y animal from this low percentage. Congratulations again!

Comments

1. Deer Passion says:

What a beautiful deer!! I'm glad he didn't sell it, and I probably would have had a full body mount done too! Awesome!

• My son shot a beautiful 8 pt 185 pound Albino in 2008, the first year it was legal to shoot albinos. He took so much flack from people, and actually had threats against him and his young family, and it frightened me terribly. He had a full body mount, and made a beautiful display case for it, and after it was in one of the local bars for a brief time, the bar’s owner told him it had to be taken out, because of the arguments that took place there, because of it. It now is in his home, and we are very proud each time he tells the story of that day he was blessed to get this magnificent animal, which I might add took him some time to do, because of the stress he endured after the hunt.

2. What a beautiful whitetail. I'd love to see something like that in the wild one day. Cool.

3. Scott Abott says:

I have saw two piebald does in the wild but never a buck. Unique trophy for sure.

4. billingsgazette.net says:

Pingback from billingsgazette.net

GazOutdoors – The Calico Buck

5. throwrag says:

The fat, redfaced hick that shot that beautiful and rare animal should be fed to rats. What arrogance. The world would be a much better place had he turned the gun on himself. What a fat, red-faced bully.

• Bradley Cozart says:

Your a damn idiot. Go to McDonald’s get a happy meal throwrag. I would love to kill a buck like this.

6. Ben /PA says:

throwrag, I would understand your disgust if he had sold it. Being upset beyond that leads me to believe that you are on the wrong Interent site.

Nice deer James, kudos to you for turning down the money.

7. throwrag says:

Less than 1% of the population and Jethro kills it. Surely there must be a place for the hillbilly in the depths of eternal imprisonment. What a total, impotent, self loathing creep.

8. Jethro's Wife says:

throwrag, you are a complete idiot. Obviously, you have no clue about what you are talking about here. Do everyone here a favor and stop posting such idiotic comments about something you don't understand and people you don't know.

9. RMS /MO says:

First I'd just like to say, I found this picture not even on this site, when I clicked on it, it took me here. And on the other site there were numerous people that to some degree, agreed with Throwrag.

Growing up with people that hunt using both bow and rifle, I understand the need for your "trophy". But really, was it necessary to kill something so rare? I understand if you just wanted a big rack to mount, but I'm sure you could have held out for another one. Sometimes you just have to appreciate these in nature, not on your wall (which I'm happy to hear you have decided to keep). Generally if they carry the gene or mutation, they'll have a higher likely hood to pass it, killing it off means less likely hood of more.

P.S. Comments only seem idiotic if you don't agree with them. That doesn't mean you don't have to take them into consideration.

10. beau olson says:

im very gay

11. beau james olson fro says:

i like to touch myself

12. Trenton Wayne Hollis says:

that is a very pretty deer and i want to touch it. i like to hunt bambis not these big bucks

13. Trenton Wayne Hollis says:

i miss a lot of deer

14. Trenton Wayne Hollis says:

the deer are cute

____________________________________

15. beau james olson fro says:

i usually try to hunt deer but i usually miss them because i am very shitty shot just like to look at the cute things and wish they could be my friends because they talk to me sometimes

16. sex movie says:

A piebald is an animal, such as a horse or ball python, that has a spotting pattern of large unpigmented (sometimes expressed as white) areas and normally pigmented patches (black in the horse pictured). The colour of the animal's skin underneath its coat is both the natural color (under the black patches of hair in this example) and pigmentless (under the white patches in the horse example). This alternating colour pattern is irregular and asymmetrical.

17. thats arealy nice one but I wonder it got it's white spots on it

18. To all the animal activists. Mabey next time we should just let them all die out in the wild huh. Congrats on the beautiful deer now u can preserve it's beauty forever.

19. japanese fashion onl says:

Oh my good old Lord!! What a beautiful buck that is?I never never seen a fantastic whitetail buck like that before in my life.Really amazing and unseen too.

20. escorts dubai says:

Is the whitetail buck becomming extinct? $13000 seems like a lot of money. I once spent $13000 on a night with a an escort in Dubai even though escorts in Dubai are not a rare thing. Obvioulsy I am not a good hunter other wise I would go out at night an hunt for female companionship instead of hunting for escorts.

21. weight loss pills says:

That is one heck of a buck in the pictures. Now we both need to do what we haven't done yet: shoot one of these big guys.

Good luck!

22. Dubai escorts says:

That sure is a beautiful white tail buck. I would pay 13000 Dollars for it but unfortunately all my money has been squandered on Dubai escorts.

23. cardell kitchen cabi says:

Would love to see a real one of these, we dont have them in the UK :-(

24. ?????????????????? says:

nice rack i really think its nice i would like to come pet it one day i have wounded many of these animails but i usually let the coyotes eat the rare animal up

25. ?????????????????? says:

26. Tower Defense says:

What a fantastic and a good looking buck that was in the picture.At first it looked me to as if a big Australian cow and sitting and posing for snaps.Amazing,really stunning.

27. online gambling says:

Hey that's a fantastic and a large whitetail buck i have ever seen. This is cool man. I would love to have a closer look of one of those. This is so nice, I hope these don't become extinct. We need to protect these from being killed. Thanks for the post. Very nice pictures too. Thanks

28. Nursing jobs says:

Congrats on the beautiful deer now you can preserve it's beauty forever. A piebald is an animal, such as a horse or ball python, that has a spotting pattern of large unpigmented areas and normally pigmented patches.

29. Domain names says:

Whitetail bucks that have survived through several hunting seasons……..

30. Well it will look better on the guys wall then it would on the road

31. ?????????????????? says:

32. ?????????????????? says:

33. learn forex says:

Those whitetail bucks are very beautiful and wish you all good for owning one of that kind. These are very rare species and needs to be saved. Thanks for sharing some beautiful pictures of the buck. Thanks

34. how to get a girlfri says:

Hi,

Great post..!

35. Best Skin Care Produ says:

good info
    finaly someone that knows what he's talking about
    waiting for your next post

36. Dazzle White says:

loved reading your blog
    seems like u know a thing or two…
    anyhow, waiting for the next post. cheers!

37. Search Engine Optimi says:

Generally in North America, bow hunting season "Bow Season" occurs.

38. shock collars for do says:

In the uk people dont have deer to shoot, so instead they shoot each other, especially in peckham. Sad really.

39. Pest control Austin says:

I am so impressed w/evernote so far. really pro stuff. thx folks

40. Amazing buck! And very good photos as well considering there was probably not a lot of light

41. acai berry says:

I must admit that today is my first time I visit here. However, I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Keep up the good work!

42. proxy sites says:

Keep up the good work bro.Your article is really great and I truly enjoyed reading it.Waiting for some more great articles like this from you in the coming days.

43. Teeth Whitening Opti says:

really a very nice deer but are you giving it a trouble or just playing? As the last pic doesn't look cool to me.

44. steam cleaners says:

those were awesome

45. wood blinds says:

This is something that I will find very useful, thanks!

46. best weight loss pil says:

Considerably, the article is in reality the greatest on this noteworthy topic. I agree with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the wonderful clarity in your writing. I will immediately grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Pleasant work and much success in your business dealings!

47. Medical Tourism Indi says:

48. Ford Leasing Deals says:

49. weight loss pills says:

50. shoezone says:

I kind of pity this beautiful deer, since they are so rare these days, i never saw people eating them in my area.

51. Cleansing diet says:

cardell kitchen cabinets

Would love to see a real one of these, we dont have them in the UK :-(

52. tKHELEN says:

Very useful information just about this good topic. People try research paper writing services and buy an essay and term papers just about this good topic.

53. bath set says:

so big it seems, how heavy of it ?

54. ghd hair straightene says:

Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!

55. attract women says:

Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know!

56. business directory says:

Interesting read, thanks for helping keep me busy at work 😉

57. monitor stands says:

Appreciate the info, it’s good to know.

58. diet pills reviews says:

Superb post .This is about "A beautiful piebald whitetail buck".
    Thanks for sharing its really useful to me..

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
If you would like a profile picture, simply register at Gravatar, which works here on Bowhunting.com and across the web.