New Bowhunting Gear for 2016

The Rage Broadhead – 2 Blade Hype

I finally gave in and got a pack of the Rage 2 blade broadheads….

You just cannot ignore the overwhelmingly positive reports on their performance… Hearing one person tout a product is one thing, but these heads have been the talk of the town for two years now.  I do not recall any negative press about these heads that was confirmed to anything more than brand bashing.

Huge entry and exit holes…. Massive blood trails….. Thirty yard track jobs….

What more could you ask for?  Nothing, that’s why I picked up a pack and they shot beautifully!

You can pick up a pack here

What do you think?

Comments

1. The only problem I have ever seen with them is the blades opening upon release of the arrow. A simple fix; tie 1 strand of dental floss around the center of the blades and problem solved. They will still open on impact, but not before. The only precaution here is not to wrap the floss more than once, it will at that point impede the deployment.

Also, they don't work very well when shot through the mesh of a ground blind. Most often the mesh will open them.

But you are spot on with their performance otherwise….

2. Scott Abbott says:

Don,

I know John puts a dental rubber band on his Rage 2 blades for when he plans to shoot through his ASAT ground blinds mesh windows.

3. Jim Fergus says:

I would love for you to do a comparision of the 2-blade vs. 3-blade. I have read the hype about both but would really like to get your honest opinion after you have had a chance to field test both!

4. edisto481 says:

Took and 8 point on 9-27 with a 2 blade. He kinda jumped the string and was hit a little high and back from a perfect shot. I was hunting on the edge of a field and he ran back in about 30 yards, swayed a little and just fell over. Recovered him where he dropped. Complete pass through with huge entrance and exit wounds. Good info about the dental floss, I think I'll start doing it as a precation.

5. I originally had some excessive flight noise with my Guardian; however after tuning my Elite and giving them another try the noise is gone. It could have been a tuning issue. They do fly very well and I too have gone to a small additional rubber band in the center of the head to reduce mid-flight opening. Still waiting to see the end result, but for now I am pleased.

6. Scott Abbott says:

edisto481- Congrat's on your buck!

Kelly- What rubber bands are you using?

7. Rick James says:

Soctt – I'm using the bands resold under the Rocket name on mine.

8. Rick James says:

Soctt = Scott :)

I have fat fingers tonight…….lol

9. Scott Abbott says:

RJ- Are you using those rubber bands at all times or only through the mesh of a ground blind?

10. John Mueller says:

I've been using the rubber bands left over from my Rocket Hammerheads on mine. I use the extra band all the time, not just when shooting thru my blinds mesh.

11. Spank Bolger says:

I have one thing to say about these broadheads…. Horrible. I made a would have been perfect shot if i would have been using fixed blades. Due to the hype of these broadheads I thought id give them a try. Only to find that I had a nice 10 pt. buck ten yards, made a great shot and got absolutly no penetration. These broadheads are not consistent at all and I will be sticking to fixed blades from now on. I already am done with my 2008 season harvesting two nice 8pt bucks.

12. John Mueller says:

Spank, I can guarantee the broadhead was not the reason you got poor penetration. I have had nothing but pass thrus on the 3 deer I have shot with the Rage. Either your shot did not hit where you thought it did or your arrows are not flying true.

13. Spank Bolger says:

Well John, I did make an arrow change. I am now shooting carbon express maxima hunters and a matthews drenalin bow. Although I beleive the rage broadhead opened during flight thus getting the poor penetration. Still I am now shooting magnus buzzcuts and you never have to worry about premature expansion with fixed blades.

14. spano96 says:

I have shot 3 deer witht he two-blade rage. I shoot a Drenalin with 60lbs and GT arrows. One doe at 20yds ran off with the arrow sticking out. a little high but well within an acceptable shot-never recovered her but found the broken arrow. Next was a nice buck at 25 yds–rage penetrated the chest cavity but did not exit–buck ran 40 yds and crashed–poor blood trail. Lastly was a doe at 20yds–ran off with the arrow in her side but she crashed at 50 yds–dribble of a blood trail–arrow broke off. Each recovered deer had the much publicized 2 in entry cut but with no exit and being 30feet up makes the entry angle a bit high and thus probably contributes to a poor blood trail. Love the accuracy but I'm loosing arrows like crazy. Not sure hwat to do.

Spano96

15. Deer Slayer says:

I dont know what to tell you guys with the negative results about the rage broadheads. I use the 2 and 3 blades and have had no problems. as a matter of fact they are responsible for 4 bucks over 130" one buck under 130" and 4 doe's. I shoot a hoyt vectrix xl at 68lbs. out of these 9 deer 8 were pass throughs with a recovery distance of less than 30 yards. The 9th deer I spine shot. Needless to say Im sold on them! Check your bow tunning, arrows, make sure they didnt get bumped before the shot and are partly open, and that you dont hit any brush with your shot. Nothing but good news to report here!!

16. dravesarchery says:

dravesarchery

The rage broadhead has been best selling and recommended bradhead @ Draves Archery / http://www.dravesarchery.com . We have had more great stories about the rage mechanical heads than any other mechanical broadhead in the archery world today! Jessy Draves

17. club penguin says:

18. That things looks pretty nasty.

19. can i use the rage 2 blad out of a crossbow

20. tower defense says:

One advantage of using Rage with a crossbow is that, when the arrow is placed on the crossbow track, the foot stirrup protects the broadhead from accidental bumping (and thus opening)… and accidental opening of the head is probably the cause of more Rage complaints than anything else.

21. sexy lingerie says:

almost every day i need to read your Article. so good. Thanks for sharing those valuable information .

22. fundraising ideas says:

if ppl r really talking so much abt it, it has to have some class…im sure it is a very good product…

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
If you would like a profile picture, simply register at Gravatar, which works here on Bowhunting.com and across the web.