Got a case of “Cabin Fever”?
Hunters interested in video games may just want to give this new on-line PC game a thorough look over. Stunning graphics, personalized characters, and friendly competition might just make this game the quickest cure for “cabin fever” come this off-season. Check this out!
From the Boone and Crockett official website.
Above image taken from on-line video game, "The hunter".
MISSOULA, Mont.—A free, new, online game titled “The Hunter” artfully combines realistic hunting action with the community and functionality of a social networking site. The game, located at www.theHunter.com, is being continually developed by Emote Games with charter partnership from the Boone and Crockett Club.
Emote Games is a London-based publisher of dynamic online games. The Club is one of North America’s oldest and most recognized conservation organizations.
The partnership marks the first time the 122-year-old Boone and Crockett Club has supported an online gaming venture, or worked to implement its trademark fair-chase ethic and scoring system into a virtual hunting experience.
“The partnership with Boone and Crockett Club represents our level of commitment to producing the most authentic hunting experience possible,” said Morgan O’Rahilly, Emote Games CEO. “To have on board an institution with the history, expertise and industry-wide respect that Boone and Crockett has, we know that we have an obligation to them and hunters everywhere to get it right.”
“It is important to the Club, and many others, that hunting video games portray the activity as the time-honored and ethical pursuit that it is,” said Keith Balfourd, director of marketing for the Boone and Crockett Club. “Nothing will replace the lasting enjoyment of being active outdoors, but it looks like ‘The Hunter’ will deliver an experience as close to the real thing as possible, with stunning visuals and a legitimate simulation that will satisfy sportsmen at all levels of hunting experience.”
Balfourd continued, “Who knows, maybe even those gamers who have not had the opportunity to hunt in real life may learn something valuable about hunting and conservation, and wish to experience it for themselves.”
The Hunter (www.thehunter.com) combines hunting action ranging from small game to big game, while blending a social interface to post entries and scores as part of a larger social networking community. The online presence allows the game to continually evolve with regular updates and the release of new features, hunts, gear, species, maps and habitats, making the game truly reflective of the ever-changing hunting world.
Below we have inserted some of this games signature qualities. If you haven’t had a chance to play this game just yet, remember sign-up is easy and free. We recommend you give it a try!
Check out these graphics! Wow!
Play for free - enjoy theHunter for absolutely nothing!
• Sign-up for free and receive an unlimited time Guest pass!
• Create your character, take a mission and download the 3D engine
• Pick up your free rifle and unlimited ammo, track and hunt Mule Deer on the visually stunning Whitehart Island
• Make the Leaderboards, compare yourself against your friends, even win prizes
• Track your statistics. Check out each individual hunt; every animal hunted, every single shot fired, every mile covered
• Increase your shooting, tracking and weapon skills as you play
• Visit the brand new Item Store containing extra firearms, ammunition, hunting licenses and much more...
Become a Whitehart Island Member - and in addition to Guest features...
• Hunt the illusive Whitetail Deer and the impressive Roosevelt Elk
• Take on Turkey too, even in flight!
• When any of your weapons are running low on ammo, you receive free ammo boxes so you never run out
• Server priority during busy times
• Additional clothing and equipment
• Plus two additional free weapons; a shotgun and a pistol
• Based on the environment of Washington State
• Full daytime cycle casts dynamic shadows, shafts of sunlight piercing through the woodland canopy
• Experience dramatic weather including wind, rain, and fog
• Discover fascinating map areas, like the ancient archaeological ruins
• Use the Environment to your advantage; crouch or go prone in tall grass, use trees and natural rock formations to hide yourself from your prey
• Personalise your profile; add widgets, upload pictures, show off your character and skills
• Add friends, compare hunting stories and Leaderboard scores
• Track mission progress and hunt success with handy widgets
• Visit other player pages, comment on their adventures and make friends
The Future - theHunter is constantly developing, and future updates will add -
• New missions types, achievements and competitions
• More weapons. More environments. More animals!