27. April 2009 16:01
BEAVERTON, OREGON - Leupold's® new RX®-1000 compact rangefinders are designed to deliver a brighter image and precise long-range measurement in the smallest package available for hunters and shooters.
A digital laser rangefinder, the pocket-sized RX-1000 measures only 3.8 inches long and weighs just 7.8 ounces. Its fully multicoated lens system produces a bright, pristine image with three times greater light transmission than traditional LCD rangefinder models. Actual 6x magnification and a vivid red OLED display also make it easier to spot and range game, even through heavy timber.
The advanced RX-1000 TBR® models also offer True Ballistic Range® technology to help place shots with exceptional accuracy.
RX-1000 and RX-1000 TBR units are weatherproof and rugged, with a solid all-metal frame and rubber armor in a black finish. The RX-1000 TBR is also available in Mossy Oak® Break-Up® camouflage.
"Our new RX-1000 raises the bar on compact rangefinder function and performance, giving hunters and shooters a handy new tool to easily spot targets and range them with more precision," commented Mike Slack, Leupold's marketing communications manager. "At the same time, the RX-1000 is competitively priced, making it a great value."
Maximum range of the RX-1000 is 1,000 yards (914.4 meters) on reflective targets. Minimum range is 10 yards (9.1 meters). Measurements are provided in yards or meters.
Other key features include:
* OLED display has variable brightness settings, making it easier to see in dim light than LCD displays typical of most other rangefinders
* advanced laser and processor to generate extremely fast, reliable readings
* fast-focus eyepiece with precision clicks
* redesigned Quick Set Menu provides on-screen prompts for a more user-friendly interface
* selectable reticles - hunters can choose the reticle best suited to the terrain and game, from elk to small varmints
* fold-down rubber eyecups accommodate users with or without glasses
* USB port compatible - integrated data port to allow exclusive software upgrades
The RX-1000 TBR models can automatically calculate the shot angle and provide the True Ballistic Range rather than the straight-line distance to the target. Optimized for most popular bow and rifle trajectories, the rifle settings also work in conjunction with Leupold's Ballistic Aiming System® riflescope reticles for exceptionally accurate shot placement.
To learn about other binoculars & rangefinders - Click Here.